This course introduces delegates to formal insolvency procedures for companies – i.e. administrations, receiverships, CVAs and liquidations and the effects of each on the company, its directors and its creditors.
Covering topical issues such as pre-pack administrations as well as tips for advising directors of companies on the brink of insolvency, this interactive course is suitable for trainee solicitors or recently qualified lawyers seeking to develop their skills in this growing practice area.
- Initial considerations of creditors- secured vs unsecured lending, fixed vs floating security and, order of payments on insolvency.
- Advising directors of insolvent and near-insolvent companies - directors duties and potential liability for wrongful or fraudulent trading, misfeasance and disqualification.
- Key features of different insolvency procedures - CVA, receivership, administration (including pre-pack administration) and liquidation, and the effect of each on the company, its directors and its creditors.
- Reviewable transactions - preferences, undervalues, transactions defrauding creditors and avoidance of floating charges etc.
- Mock creditors' meeting under Section 98 Insolvency Act 1986.
All prices are exclusive of VAT