SRA Accounts Rules 2011
In 2011, the new SRA Accounts Rules came into force. Complying with the Accounts Rules can be difficult and is a common cause of disciplinary action. While the majority of the new rules will be familiar, there are some significant changes which require firms to implement new policies.
The course will help guide delegates through the changes, enabling them to draft the necessary policies and have confidence in applying the new rules. It also gives an overview of the rules in the areas which remain unchanged, providing a helpful reminder of key requirements.
Who should attend
Practice managers, book-keepers and cashiers
Every solicitor in private practice, not simply partners
Partners and sole practitioners
Accountants who act for law firms
Delegates will gain an understanding of the changes and the steps their firms will need to take to comply
Delegates will gain an excellent overview / refresher of the key requirments of the rules
- Recap of General Principles
- Application of the Rules and responsibility for compliance (including at LLP firms)
- The role and responsibilities of the new Compliance Officer for Finance & Administration (COFA)
- Systems and procedures for compliance
- Guidance on mandatory policies
- Handling client money
- VAT and disbursements
- Controls over payments and general controls
- New rules on interest on client money
- Raising commercial awareness of staff
- New rules on authority for withdrawal from client account
We are also able to offer this programme as an online learning modular programme. If this is of interest to you, please click here.
All prices are exclusive of VAT