In house sessions may present the ideal solution on those occasions when several of your colleagues require the same training.
With no associated delegate travel costs and, often, the opportunity for delegates to spend an invaluable hour at their desks at the start and end of their working day firms are increasingly realising the very real financial benefits of in house training.
One-off sessions and programmes
The choice is yours. Whether a one off half day session or a rolling programme, we will work with you to understand your needs and deliver to your specification.
Generic or tailered
Tailoring is very much a volume dial - it can be turned up, down or often left in the 'off' position. Our working style is to discuss with you any headline issues, explore your desired outcomes and research the structure, culture and practice areas of your firm. Beyond this, we will be led by you as to how much additional tailoring you require. If your preference is for extensive tailoring of an existing course or a newly written course or programme we will work in partnership with you to design a product which meets your needs.
Suitable for all
We provide in house training for fee earners and support staff at every stage of their career and across the whole spectrum of legal entities; small high street practices, large City and international firms, law firm consortia and barristers Chambers.
• Experienced trainers whom we select specifically with your firm and your unique requirements in mind.
• A safe environment where firm specific issues can be explored and discussed in confidence.
• Cost effective and convenient.
• A named and dedicated Kaplan Altior team member and in house course manager to work with you until the conclusion of the project.
A wide selection of courses
We can deliver any of the courses contained in this brochure in house, including:
• SRA Professional Skills Course core modules and electives
• SRA Management Course Stage 1
• SRA Management Course Stage 2
• Higher Rights of Audience training and assessment
• The ILEX Advocacy Qualification Scheme
• Anti Money Laundering Update
• SRA Accounts Rules 2011 (online version also available)
• Code of Conduct 2011
• Crash Course in OFR - An essential guide to Outcomes Focused Regulations
• Risk Management
• Supervising Trainee Solicitors
Personal development and core skills
• Time and Stress Management
• Time Management
• Stress Management
• Recruitment Interviewing Skills
• Presenting with Impact
• Negotiation Skills (foundation and advanced)
• Networking for Success
• Legal Business Writing
• Drafting (for contentious and non-contentious lawyers)
• Using good grammar
• Writing fundamentals
• Commercial awareness (talking the client's language)
• Personal impact and influence
• Financial Awareness (online module also available)
• Understanding the City
• Global Capital Markets
• Understanding Company Accounts
• The Kaplan Business Challenge
• Advanced Negotiation
• Transaction Management
• Key Account Management
• The Kaplan Business Challenge (can be adapted to all levels)
• Successful Tenders
• Successful Pitch Presentation
• Train the Trainer
• Dealing with Difficult People
• Managing your Partners / Fee Earners
• Developing Excellence in Front of House Staff
• Team Leader Skills
• Effective Complaints Handling
• Proactive Debt Recovery for secretaries and paralegals.
This is just a small selection of our in house offering. Please ask if you are interested in a course not listed here.
Please contact Barbara Anderson, Kaplan Altior’s Business Development Director, on 029 2045 1000 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.