Terms and Conditions
Kaplan Altior Standard Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right to vary or cancel any course, and/or amend our fees, and will accept no liability if this happens.
- We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of £50 plus VAT per day if you wish to transfer your course within 14 days before the course date (28 days for Higher Rights of Audience. The assessment fees for the Higher Rights of Audience 2011 scheme assessment days are non-refundable and non-transferable). Special terms apply to transfers relating to the Trainee Litigation Programme and CILEx Advocacy Qualification Scheme - see point 3 below.
In the event that a delegate wishes to transfer to different Trainee Litigation Programme or CILEx Advocacy Qualification Scheme dates, the following will apply:
- A minimum of 3 or more calendar months before the first day of the programme – no transfer fee
- Between 2 and 3 calendar months before the first day of the programme – a transfer fee equivalent to 33% of the published programme fee
- Between 1 and 2 calendar months before the first day of the programme – a transfer fee equivalent to 50% of the published programme fee
- Within 1 calendar month of the first day of the programme – 100% of the programme fee will be forfeited
- Once we have accepted your booking, you are not entitled to cancel it and you are liable for the full course fee. However, delegates may be substituted free of charge, provided that you notify us before the start of the course.
- The delegate and (if listed on your booking form) the firm are jointly and severally liable for payments to us.
- The course fees plus VAT are payable within 28 days of the date of our invoice or at least 28 days before the course, whichever is earlier.
- We reserve the right to exclude a delegate from any course unless payment has been received in full.
- Fees are non-refundable, unless we cancel the relevant course.
- We may charge interest at 8% per annum from the due date on outstanding amounts.
- If a purchase order number is to be quoted on an invoice, it must be supplied at the time of the original booking as we are unable to amend and reissue an invoice once it has been raised.
- No Kaplan Altior special offer may be used in conjunction with any other Kaplan Altior special offer.
- Kaplan Altior special offers and discounts cannot be applied retrospectively to a booking which has already been made.
Kaplan Altior Special Offer Terms & Conditions
- Where a special offer relates to a specific course date/venue, the offer applies to only the dates and venues shown.
- Where a special offer relates to multiple course bookings, all courses must be booked at the same time.
- Payment must be made upon booking in order to claim the special discount.
- Bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable, unless we cancel the course, Kaplan Altior reserves the right to cancel or amend any course and accepts no liability if this happens.
- The Kaplan Altior 'Big Ticket' discount can only be used when booking the public PSC core modules with 24 hours of electives.
- If claimed, the Kaplan Altior 'Big Ticket' discount applies to core modules to commence during 2012 only and only where such places are available.
Management Course Stage 1 price match promise special offer:
7a. We are able to price match to equivalent, like-for-like Management Course Stage 1 offerings only.7b.The price match promise will only apply where we are able to offer a match on:- Region & location- Delivery method- Duration of course- Length of the competitors' promotion7c. When requesting a price match on a competitor's offering, please provide supporting evidence of the price you are requesting a match for.
PSC Festive Prize Draw 2013/14 - Terms & Conditions
1. Entry into the prize draw is automatic for anyone booking a place on the Kaplan Altior Professional Skills Course (standard package of core modules + electives) before 27 January 2014.
2. The prizes of the prize draw are:
1st prize = Kindle Fire HD
2nd prize = £50 Amazon voucher
3rd prize = £25 Caffe Nero voucher
One winner will be selected for each prize.
3. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Please print a copy of this page to retain the Terms and Conditions for your records. All standard and other terms are set out for the competition in question on www.altior.co.uk/en/terms-and-conditions. Our standard terms and conditions and special offer terms and conditions also apply and can be viewed onwww.altior.co.uk/en/terms-and-conditions
4. To register for the prize draw, you are required to book a place on the Kaplan Altior Professional Skills Course Standard package by entering your name, email address, telephone number, twitter account information (if appropriate), stage of training contract, and training contract end date into the webform located at www.altior.co.uk/en/courses/PSC/psc-festive-draw
5. The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over, resident in the UK, excluding employees and past employees of Kaplan Altior or anyone materially connected to the administration of the prize draw. Automated or bulk entries will not be accepted. Only original entries submitted during the prize draw dates will be eligible. Only one entry per person will be accepted, you may not enter more than once.
6. The prize draw will take place no later than 31 January 2014 and will be supervised by an independent observer. All winners of the prizes will be chosen at random. There will be one prize draw for each prize on offer. One winner will be selected for each prize. All decisions are final and not subject to review.
7. Kaplan Altior reserves the right to disqualify any participant for failure to follow the Terms and Conditions or competition instruction/rules as laid out on http://www.altior.co/uk/terms-and-conditions. All Kaplan decisions are final and not subject to review.
8. Kaplan Altior and any affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage incurred by you or any other person, or to any person’s computer or any other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
9. The opening date for entries is 6 December 2013 and all entries must be received by no later than 11.59pm GMT on the 27 January 2014. Entries may be disqualified if they contain invalid, incomplete or illegible details, are lost, or delayed in transit, or which fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
10. Kaplan Altior’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Kaplan Altior reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
11. The winner will be notified by direct email message , Twitter, or by telephone (whichever is deemed the best method of contact) no later than 3 February 2014.
12. The prize must be claimed by the winner by 3 March 2014 by responding to the direct email message, Twitter message, or telephone call that the winner will receive from Kaplan Altior. A member of Kaplan Altior will then make arrangements to book the winner onto their Professional Skills Course. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however, if the prize is not claimed 3 March 2014 an alternative winner will be chosen.
13. Cash or credit alternatives to the prize stated will not be offered. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. Only the prize winner will be able to claim the prize.
14. Kaplan Altior reserves the right to publish the name, and photographs of the winner or to publicise the prize-giving presentation from 31 January 2014 and the winner agrees to participate in promotional activity, including but not limited to, taking part in promotional photo shoots, being asked to visit a Kaplan Altior location, and providing comments.
15. The name of the winner and the name of the judges will be available to anyone sending a stamped addressed envelope to Kaplan Altior, 2nd Floor St. David’s House, Wood Street, Cardiff, CF10 1ES within 28 days after the published closing date of the competition. No other correspondence will be entered into.
16. All entrants to the prize draw will be deemed to have accepted the rules.
17. Promoters of the competition are Kaplan Altior and Kaplan Law School.
18. This competition and these Terms and Conditions are subject to and governed by English Law.
Any personal data relating to an entrant will be used solely in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and Kaplan Altior’s privacy & confidentiality policy.